Part-Time and Full-Time Opportunities:
Kolbe Academy is always accepting applications from qualified and passionate teachers. While an opening might not be available now, please feel free to fill out an application so that we have your information on file for future openings.
Openings for 2018-19 School Year (Part-time positions only)
- All part-time positions for the 2018-19 School Year have been filled
- We always accept applications, however, as enrollment needs often change as the school year approaches
- Long Term Sub Positions are always available
Kolbe Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all candidates for employment equally regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. Because of its status as a religious entity, Kolbe may consider the candidate’s religious affiliation in its employment decisions, consistent with State and Federal law. All applicants will be required to sign a document agreeing to uphold Catholic Church teaching in their contract.
An online instructor must be a self-starter, and willing to lead an online course using Kolbe Academy curriculum. Kolbe will provide the course plan, books, software and training needed to be successful in this role.
- Conduct live classes as scheduled.
- Check email and Schoology messages on a daily basis, Monday-Friday not including holidays or breaks.
- Enter into Schoology all assignments with due dates specified as directed by KOLBE or its representative.
- Give a minimum of one assignment to be graded per week.
- Give a participation grade for each live class.
- Return graded assignments within a reasonable time frame.
- Hold office hours as follows:
- During the normal class time of semester and mid-semester exam weeks.
- Prior to any non-semester or mid-semester exams.
- By request of a student.
- Complete training in all technology, Kolbe philosophy and policy, and online teaching pedagogy prior to August 18th.
- Attend faculty in-service meetings as directed.
- Attend all department meetings as scheduled.
- Classroom teaching experience and/or tutoring homeschool students
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.
- Master’s degree in field or teacher certification (any state). Preferred
- Previous experience teaching in an online environment. Preferred
- Pass Kolbe Academy technology and online learning certification course.
- Dedicated work space appropriate for conducting live online classes in a professional manner.