Kolbe Academy is a full-service curriculum provider and book store that offers a variety of customizable options (from highly structured to extremely flexible and everything in between) to support parents in homeschooling their children. Parents may choose from three course types:
Available for grades K-12. Books sold separately.
- Kolbe homeschool courses are included in the full-time enrollment fee.
- May be purchased to use on your own.
- Or you may purchase the course plan and decide to part-time enroll and have Kolbe keep a transcript for that course.
- These courses can be as structured (follow the Kolbe course plans exactly and earn a Summa Cum Laude diploma) or flexible (pick and choose your curriculum and earn either the Magna Cum Laude or Standard diploma) as the parent desires.
- Full Kolbe online program delivered by a single instructor in live and asynchronous formats.
- These courses provide structure but offer flexibility on due dates and attendance.
- The online instructors will be assigning and grading all work and will issue final grades for the student.
- The student will have between 3-4 live sessions each week for core subjects ranging from 20-50 minutes depending on grade level.
- While all subjects including some enrichment opportunities are included in this program, parents may opt to supplement with additional homeschool courses should they desire to. These additional courses may be reported directly to your child’s teacher.
- Part-time enrollment is not available for these grade levels. Bookstore credit included with tuition.
- You choose the online courses to enroll in; we keep track of your grades and transcripts. You’ll be able to fully interact with your instructors, receiving feedback and guidance when needed.
- These courses are highly structured. The online instructors will be assigning and grading all work and will issue final grades for the student.
- The student will be required to attend a live class once or twice per week (depending on the course), complete and turn in work outside of class time (4-7 hours per week, depending on the course), actively participate in the class, and complete exams.
- Full-time or part-time enrollment for online courses in grades 6-12 is available.
- Parents can choose to use these courses towards a Kolbe diploma if full-time enrolled.
Most Suitable for grades 7-12. Books sold separately.
- These full-year self-paced courses are recordings (asynchronous) of lectures from our online courses and are delivered electronically.
- Students will have access to the recordings for one full school year. Each course includes the corresponding home school syllabus and course plan, however online instructors were given liberty to make some changes to adapt the home school course for the online environment.
- These courses are highly flexible as students can watch recordings and complete assignments at their own pace.
- Parents can choose to use these courses towards a Kolbe diploma by choosing to fully enroll the student.
- Purchase of a self-paced course, when not fully enrolled, includes the single course enrollment and Kolbe will keep a transcript for that course.