- Religion K Course Plan (Paid for with enrollment)
- Who Am I?, Workbook
- Who Am I?, Teacher Manual (Optional)
- St. Joseph Picture Book Set (set of 26, which are also sold separately):
- The Angels
- The Apostles of Jesus
- Book of Saints 1
- Book of Saints 2
- The Feasts of Jesus
- Following Jesus
- God Loves us All
- Good St. Joseph
- The Holy Rosary
- I Believe in God
- Mary My Mother
- The Miracles of Jesus
- My First Prayer Book
- My Friend Jesus
- My Life with God
- My Picture Missal
- The Parables of Jesus
- Prayers for Everyday
- Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Saint Patrick
- Saint Paul the Apostle
- Saint Peter the Apostle
- The Seven Sacraments
- Stations of the Cross
- The Teaching of Jesus
- The Ten Commandments
Kindergarten Religion gives the student a basic introduction to God, the Church, and to personal prayer, in part through participation in the Mass and the memorization of the Sign of the Cross, the Our Father, the Hail Mary, the Glory Be, and the Angel of God prayer. Emphasis is placed on knowing and loving God, and the dignity of the child made in God’s image. The inclusion of the books of stories of our faith and the saints provide opportunity for teaching and discussion with your student.
Mathematics (Option 1: Singapore Math®)
- Earlybird Math K Course Plan (Paid for with enrollment)
- Earlybird Kindergarten Math A, Textbook
- Earlybird Kindergarten Math A, Activity Book
- Earlybird Kindergarten Math B, Textbook
- Earlybird Kindergarten Math B, Activity Book
Early Bird Kindergarten Mathematics (Standards Edition) is an activity based curriculum that is aimed at building a strong foundation in mathematics for students using hands on explorations and fun-filled lessons.
The text that correlates with this course plan, Early Bird Kindergarten Mathematics, introduces the material in a manner that is consistent with the development of children at this age. All concepts are first introduced using concrete examples and hands on explorations. Then, pictorial representations of these same concepts are presented. Lastly the children are able to progress to a more advanced abstract stage, in which only numbers and symbols are used. This Concrete, Pictorial, Abstract model allows the child to interact with the concepts in a more meaningful way. In addition, Singapore Math® is presented in such a way that concepts build on one another. Students will need to master each skill before progressing into the more difficult topics. This approach allows students the chance to revisit topics previously discussed while expanding on the foundation that had been laid in earlier units. It is our hope that you will keep these pedagogical approaches in mind as you choose which activities you will use to teach various lessons.
- MCP Math K Course Plan (Paid for with enrollment)
- MCP Math K, Workbook
- MCP Math K, Teacher Manual (Optional)
Kindergarten Mathematics is directed to the development in the student of the capacity to understand the concepts presented in preparation for first grade. Topics covered include numbers from 0-20, time and money, order and place value, fractions and measurement, addition, and subtraction.
- Language Arts K Course Plan (Paid for with enrollment)
- Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons
- Phonics K, Workbook
- Phonics K, Teacher Manual (Optional)
- Phonogram Flash Cards (Optional)
- 4th Quarter Supplemental Books:
- The Carrot Seed
- Go Dog Go!
- Green Eggs & Ham
- Have You Seen My Cat?
- Home for a Bunny
- Hop on Pop
- Inside Outside Upside Down
- Little Bear
- Whose Mouse are You?
Kindergarten Language Arts is directed to the development in the student of the capacity to recognize the letters of the alphabet, learn their pronunciation, memorize approximately 50 High Frequency Words (HFW), and move on to reading.
Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons is a structured, phonics based reading program that uses its own orthography (font), based on the Distar reading program. This orthography simplifies the reading process by making it clear when, for example, an e is silent or th are acting together as a digraph. Three quarters of the way through the book the orthography is gradually phased out and the conventional print forms of the letters are introduced. By the end of the program, the student will be able to competently read books and passages written at about a second grade level.
Phonics K begins very simply and will move very quickly the first few weeks. The student will learn listening and speaking skills, motor skills, visual and auditory discrimination, the letters of the alphabet, sounds of the consonants and short sounds of the vowels, as well as how to combine these sounds to begin reading.
- Science K Course Plan (Paid for with enrollment)
- Science and Living in God’s World, Workbook
- Science Experiments Recipe Book
Kindergarten Science gives the student their first look into the beauty of God’s wonderful creation. At the kindergarten grade level, science involves the very basic concepts of the natural world around the student. The course, used in conjunction with the Science Experiments Recipe Book to accompany Science and Living in God’s World, will help the student begin their journey of scientific inquiry, knowledge, and experimentation. Topics covered include the human body, weather, the seasons, seeds, animals, plants, and the environment.
These texts are supplements to the Kindergarten Curriculum.
- Writing Our Catholic Faith: PK Writing Readiness
- Writing Our Catholic Faith: K Beginning Manuscript Writing
- Cuisenaire Addition & Subtraction, Teacher Resource Manual
- Introductory Set of Cuisenaire Rods
- Laudate! Listening Guide
- Primary School Student Planner 2019-2020
- Recommended Reading List
- Ancilla Domini Prayer Book
- The Bible
- Leading the Little Ones to Mary
- St. Joseph Picture Books:
- Book of Saints 3 – 8 (sold separately)
- Great Men of the New Testament
- Great Men of the Old Testament
- Great Women of the Bible
- Holy Eucharist
- My Day with Jesus
- My First Catholic Picture Dictionary
- Our Father & Hail Mary
- Pray Always
- Prayers to the Boy Jesus
- Promises of the Sacred Heart
- Sacramentals of the Church
- Saint Anthony of Padua
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Kateri Tekawitha
- Saint Martin de Porres