Adjusting to New Adobe Connect Standard Version
April 28, 2021
Dear Kolbe Family,
Adobe Connect recently switched from Classic to Standard view. This change has taken effect for all of Kolbe as of Friday, April 23rd. As a result, a number of students and teachers are experiencing new issues beginning this week. We recommend you do the following to ensure optimal live classroom performance with the new standard version.
Please uninstall all current Adobe Connect applications and reinstall using this link. Restart your computer after the re-installation. As a temporary solution or if you continue to have trouble in the app, consider accessing class via the browser by following these steps:
1) After clicking your classroom link, typically the Adobe app opens automatically. A new window should also open within a new tab in your browser with the following message:
2) Click “continue in browser” and exit out of the app. We recommend trying a few different browsers before assuming your issue is “browser” or “app” related.
Ensure your computer operating system is fully up-to-date. The new standard version requires a number of computer technical specifications which you should make sure are compatible with your device as well.
- Make sure you are running Mac OS X 10.13, 10.14, 10.15 and 11.0
- If you are not running Mac OS X 10.13, 10.14, 10.15 and 11.0, you may continue to experience issues.
- Make sure you are running Windows 10
- If you are not running Windows 10, you may continue to experience issues.
Please click here for the full list of technical specifications required to adequately run the new standard version.
Test your audio and webcam in our tech test room which will be open during normal LiveChat hours:
STILL EXPERIENCING ISSUES?
Please visit LiveChat Tech Support on our website to speak with a tech support agent. Select “Chat with us now!” or submit a tech support ticket by clicking, “Leave us a Message” or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ad majoram Dei gloriam!