Welcome Packet

Every family will be sent a Welcome Packet once the Registrar has completed processing their enrollment.  The Welcome Packet contains the forms and information needed to utilize our programs and services as well as to report grades to us.  Although each family will receive a Welcome Packet, some components are sent to all of our families every year, while other components are sent only to our new families (please see below).  The Welcome packet is either mailed or sent electronically depending on whether the family chose to receive course materials by mail or e-mail during the enrollment process. Links to access the digital components of the Welcome Packet are included in the Welcome e-mail sent upon completion of the enrollment process.

Welcome Packet components sent annually to every family (new and re-enrolling):

  • Home School Legal Defense (HSLDA) Application
  • Kolbe Academy Parent Handbook updates (entire handbook sent to all families for 2017-2018 school year)
  • Grade Reporting Packets for each student, which include the following:
    • Course of Study form
    • Attendance Record
    • Grade Report Checklists
    • Copy Paper Report Cards (to send grades to Kolbe Academy)
    • Cardstock Report Card (to keep for your own grade records at home)
  • Course Plans for each student (if they were ordered at the time of enrollment)

For re-enrolling families with students in grade 8 and new families with students in grades 8-12:

  • Parent as Counselor Handbook

Welcome Packet components sent to new families:

  • Request for Records and Transcript of Credits
  • Kolbe Academy Quick Start Guide
  • Kolbe Academy Parent Handbook
  • Kolbe Academy Home School Resource Articles
  • Kolbe Academy Writing Resource Manual – Coming soon!!!

After You Receive the Welcome Packet…

For new families with children enrolled in our home school courses, an Academic Advisor will be in touch with you shortly after your school start date to welcome you to our program. You should expect this call a few weeks after the start of your school year, giving you enough time to carefully read through all the material. The advisor will make sure that you have received and understand all the contents of the Welcome Packet.  Our families overseas may receive their welcome calls via e-mail.

The advisor can assist you in placing your book order based on the particular academic requirements of your children.  However, enrolling families need not wait to consult with staff before ordering books.  Kolbe home school families are free to substitute our selections with courses and materials of their own choosing.

Reporting Home School Grades to Kolbe

  • A grade report is a sampling of the student’s work sent to the advisors by the parent, along with a report card of grades.  An advisor reviews the work, verifies the grades assigned, makes comments, and sends a report to the parents.  Grades are verified by sending work samples.  Please see “Reporting Grades to Kolbe Academy” in the Parent Handbook for more details.
  • Grade reporting is a service, not a requirement. Parents are not required to file a year end grade report before enrolling for the next school year. However, if no reports at all are filed, or if the required elements are not sent in, Kolbe Academy cannot validate the grades given by the parents on official transcripts.
  • Kolbe recommends filing reports quarterly for grades K-6 and at the end of each semester for junior high and high school.

Reporting Grades to Kolbe Academy

Click to view complete instructions in the Student and Parent Handbook.

Quick Start Guide

Explanation of Grade Reporting Forms

Course of Study Form

Beginning with the 2018-2019 School Year, families submit their course of study along with their enrollment. If you would like to make any changes to your course of study, please use our course of study change form.

Grade Report Submission Checklist

Report Cards

Attendance Record

Transfer Students

Students transferring to Kolbe Academy may want to have grades and records from a previous school sent over. Parents may use this form to request records from their child’s previous school.  

Homeschooling Help

Home School Legal Defense Information

Kolbe Academy recommends joining the Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA).  HSLDA’s primary goal is to bring together a large number of homeschooling families so that each can have a low-cost method of obtaining quality legal defense. 

Registering for the PSAT, SAT, & ACT

Students will need Kolbe’s CEEB code when registering for standardized tests.  Students may also choose to enroll using the standard homeschool code. When registering for the PSAT, Kolbe suggests using the homeschool code so that student’s will be put in the running for the National Merit Scholarship program through their own state instead of through California where Kolbe is based.  

  • Kolbe Academy’s CEEB Code: 052084

Communicating with Kolbe Academy

  Telephone E-mail

Book Store

707-255-6499 ext. 4


Academic Services (Advisors)

707-255-6499 ext. 5



707-255-6499 ext. 3 



707-255-6499 ext. 2


Online Courses

707-255-6499 ext. 1



707-255-6499 ext. 2