Every family will be sent a Welcome Packet once the Registrar has completed processing their enrollment. The Welcome Packet contains the forms and information needed to utilize our programs and services as well as to report grades to us. Although each family will receive a Welcome Packet, some components are sent to all of our families every year, while other components are sent only to our new families (please see below). The Welcome packet is either mailed or sent electronically depending on whether the family chose to receive course materials by mail or e-mail during the enrollment process. Links to access the digital components of the Welcome Packet are included in the Welcome e-mail sent upon completion of the enrollment process.
Welcome Packet components sent annually to every family (new and re-enrolling):
- Home School Legal Defense (HSLDA) Application
- Kolbe Academy Parent Handbook
- Grade Reporting Packets for each student, which include the following:
- Attendance Record
- Grade Report Checklists
- Report Cards
- Course Plans for each student (if they were ordered at the time of enrollment)
Welcome Packet components sent to new families:
- Request for Records and Transcript of Credits
- Kolbe Academy Quick Start Guide
- Kolbe Academy Home School Resource Articles
- Kolbe Academy Writing Resource Manual – Coming soon!!!
Reporting Home School Grades to Kolbe
- A grade report is a sampling of the student’s work sent to the advisors by the parent, along with a report card of grades. An advisor reviews the work, verifies the grades assigned, makes comments, and sends a report to the parents. Grades are verified by sending work samples. Please see “Reporting Grades to Kolbe Academy” in the Parent Handbook for more details.
- Grade reporting is a service, not a requirement. Parents are not required to file a year end grade report before enrolling for the next school year. However, if no reports at all are filed, or if the required elements are not sent in, Kolbe Academy cannot validate the grades given by the parents on official transcripts.
- Kolbe recommends filing reports quarterly for grades K-6 and at the end of each semester for junior high and high school.
Reporting Grades to Kolbe Academy
Click to view complete instructions in the Student and Parent Handbook.
Explanation of Grade Reporting Forms
Course of Study Form
Beginning with the 2018-2019 School Year, families submit their course of study along with their enrollment. If you would like to make any changes to your course of study, please use our course of study change form.
- Guidelines for Establishing a Course of Study in Grades 1-8
- Guidelines for Establishing a Course of Study for Grades 9-12
Grade Report Submission Checklist
- Grades K-6 Grade Report Checklist
- Grades 7-8 Grade Report Checklist
- Grades 9-12 Grade Report Checklist
- Kindergarten Report Card
- Grades 1-2 Report Card
- Grades 3-6 Report Card
- Grades 7-8 Report Card
- Grades 9-12 Report Card
Students transferring to Kolbe Academy may want to have grades and records from a previous school sent over. Parents may use this form to request records from their child’s previous school.
Home School Legal Defense Information
Kolbe Academy recommends joining the Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA). HSLDA’s primary goal is to bring together a large number of homeschooling families so that each can have a low-cost method of obtaining quality legal defense.
- Home School Legal Defense Association Application
- For U.S. membership, Kolbe’s discount number, which must be provided on the application, is #295160.
Registering for the PSAT, SAT, & ACT
Students will need Kolbe’s CEEB code when registering for standardized tests. Students may also choose to enroll using the standard homeschool code. When registering for the PSAT, Kolbe suggests using the homeschool code so that student’s will be put in the running for the National Merit Scholarship program through their own state instead of through California where Kolbe is based.
- Kolbe Academy’s CEEB Code: 052084
Communicating with Kolbe Academy
707-255-6499 ext. 4
Academic Services (Advisors)
707-255-6499 ext. 5
707-255-6499 ext. 3
707-255-6499 ext. 2
707-255-6499 ext. 1
707-255-6499 ext. 2